Diploma in Medical Office Administration
9 months (Three Trimesters)
Minimum High School Diploma
$6,700 (Local Students)
$11,500 (International Students)
The Medical Administrative Assistant career diploma prepares students for a career as an entry-level medical administrative assistant. This program is consist of 8 Instruction Sets divided into different subjects.
Students will gain basic knowledge of in-office procedures as well as medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology. Students will develop written and oral communication skills and they will apply their new knowledge and skills in their final course, Administrative and Clinical Procedures for the Canadian Health Professional.
Students will also be able to sit in for industry-standard certifications in account applications and Microsoft Office.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Discuss the attributes of analytical and quantitative problem-solving
- Demonstrate computer and information literacy
- Recognize the laws and regulations regarding confidentiality in electronic health records
- Comprehend basic medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology
- Discuss basic pharmacology
- Describe how to process insurance claims particular to the Canadian Health Care System
- Determine how to perform the process of claims submissions by electronic data transfer
- Outline the general principles of health information management to electronic medical records